Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Online Scavenger Hunt

So I've recently done an online scavenger hunt and I've got to say, it is very interesting. Interesting meaning how much you can find on the internet nowadays compared to how you would find things before the internet. Things can be found relatively easy using the internet, especially if you are given clues or have an idea of what to look for and where to find it.
I was given a list of things to look for on the internet and though it did take me a while, I managed to find all the items on the list. I cannot go over the contents of the list as I forgot most of the things on it, but one item included finding a tourist attraction site for the city of Tacoma, WA without it being published in Washington State itself. Now, that's quite hard to do, especially since Tacoma isn't a huge city or has attractions like Seattle does. Me and my team did manage to find a site that had what we were looking for and it was from the state of Texas.
It's pretty amazing what information you can find on the web these days, and to make things worse, what personal information you can find about yourself and others on the web. I personally think it's a little creepy, but when you are active around the area or on the web, things about you are bound to pop up.

No comments:

Post a Comment